Visitor Restrictions Eased
Henry Community Health Relaxing Visitation Rules at Hospital and All Outpatient Services
During the initial phase of the pandemic with so much uncertainty Henry Community Health adopted a no visitor policy with limited exceptions. We now are allowing limited visitation at the hospital and for all outpatient services which will help both our patients and their families as they come to us for medical care.
All Visitors Will Be Screened and Must Wear Masks
· All visitors at any Henry Community Health building must wear a face mask.
· Visitors will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms prior to entering.
· Visitors who screen negative for symptoms will have their temperature checked. Visitors whose temperature is greater than/equal to 100 degrees F will not be allowed to enter.
Physician Offices and All Outpatient Services
· Patients will be allowed to bring one visitor with them.
· Both the patient and visitor will be screened and must wear a mask.
· Depending on the type of visit, patients may be asked to call the office when they arrive in the parking lot and wait in their car until they are notified it is time to come in for their visit.
Hospitalized Patients Who Do Not Have COVID-19 or Presumed COVID-19
· Visiting Hours are 10am-2pm & 4pm-8pm for the Intensive Care and Progressive Care Units.
· Visitors will be escorted from the lobby to the patient room.
· Visitors must wear face masks at all times and may not leave the patient room to go to other areas of the hospital including the cafeteria which remains closed to visitors.
· Progressive Care and Intensive Care patients may be allowed a total of two visitors (same person twice or two different visitors) on a calendar day. No more than one visitor will be allowed at a time, although exceptions may be made for end of life care.
· Obstetric patients will be allowed to have one labor partner who must remain in the patient room
during labor and delivery.
Patients Hospitalized With COVID-19 or Presumed COVID-19
· Patients with or COVID-19 or presumed COVID-19 are isolated from our other patients in separate areas of the hospital.
· No visitors are allowed. However, end of life exceptions may be made.
· Visitors enter at the Same Day Surgery entrance and will be screened before being allowed to enter.
· One visitor is allowed for patients older than 18 years of age and two visitors are allowed for patients less than 18 years of age.
· All visitors must wear masks and must remain in the same day surgery waiting area and are prohibited from going to other areas of the hospital including the cafeteria which remains closed to visitors.
· The surgery waiting area has been modified to allow social distancing. If the waiting room becomes full the visitor(s) may be asked to stay in the patient’s Same Day Surgery room if census allows or re turn to their car or home.
· One visitor is allowed for patients greater than 18 years of age and two visitors will be allowed for
patients less than 18 years of age.
· All visitors must wear masks and must remain in the room with the patient.
· Visitors are prohibited from going to other areas of the hospital including the cafeteria which remains closed to visitors.
· If a patient is admitted, the visitor may accompany the patient to the room but must leave after the
patient is settled.