Henry Community Health Visitation Policy
We recognize and appreciate the value of our patient’s emotional and mental health and realize the importance of having friends and loved ones visit while recovering in the hospital.
- Open visiting hours for the convenience of families and friends as well as for the patient.
- QUIET TIME from 7-9 a.m. and from 7:30-9 p.m. Please limit visitations and interruptions during these hours. With your help, our nurses spend uninterrupted time with their patients to provide them with the best care. A quiet environment is a safe environment in which to give medications and for nurses and patients to communicate with each other.
- We limit two visitors at a time inpatient rooms in the ICU, ED and the Surgery Department to ensure high-quality care and patient safety.
- COVID-positive patients may have one designated visitor per day with limited visitation time to ensure visitor safety.
- Siblings are welcome to visit their newborn brother/sister. If your family member is a patient in ICU, PCU, ED or Surgery, please speak with a nurse about the advisability of bringing children to visit.
- There may be times when visitors may be limited or restricted because the visitation may interfere with the care of the patient, the care of other patients, or there are infection control issues such as an increase in COVID positivity, or an outbreak of the flu.
- Other potential visiting restrictions could include: the hospital is aware of an existing court order restricting contact or a visitor is engaging in disruptive, threatening or violent behavior of any kind.
Henry Community Health will not restrict, limit, or otherwise deny visitation privileges on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or disability. All visitors will enjoy full and equal visitation privileges consistent with patient preferences and HCH policy.
It is requested that friends and loved ones not visit if they are feeling ill or experiencing any signs/symptoms of illness.