Parkinson’s Patients Can Be Helped With New Program
Rock Steady Boxing (RSB), an internationally recognized program started in Indianapolis, benefits people with Parkinson’s disease. During the classes, Rock Steady Boxers train to improve:
- Hand-eye coordination
- Speed of movement
- Flexibility and balance
- Core strength and agility.
The program involves regular exercises such as cardio, resistance, stretching, balancing and lots of non-contact boxing.
(This class is ongoing; you may join anytime!)
- The classes meet three times a week and spouses/caregivers are encouraged to attend.
- The cost is $180 per three months.
- Participants will need to call HealthRidge (765.521.1216) to schedule a free evaluation prior to joining the class.
Improved Quality of Life Reported
RSB participants attest, and academic institutions, such as University of Indianapolis and Butler University, are reporting and documenting the improved quality of life among RSB boxers.
In addition to happiness and fun, benefits can include:
- Improved mental focus and mood
- Reduced stress
- Walking better
- Learning how to fall better and get up and down safely after a fall.
Watch A Video About Rock Steady Boxing
When you click on the link below you’ll come to the Rock Steady Boxing home page
Click on the video Telling Well Fight Back.
For More Information Or To Enroll
Contact HealthRidge at 765.521.1216.