It’s About How You Live
Hospice is not just about how you die. Hospice is about how you live. We offer care when a cure isn’t a possibility. That care offers you the chance to live each moment of your life to the fullest. To make the most of every minute. To be at home. To be pain free. To help you and your family find support you need.
Dr. Wylie McGlothlin is the only board certified Hospice and Palliative Care medical director of any of the hospices with offices in Henry County.
Our Hospice Team includes:
- Registered Nurses, educated in palliative care and pain control, work with the patient to establish and maintain comfort as well as quality of life.
- Certified Nursing Assistants are skilled at assisting with personal care to increase the patient’s overall comfort level.
- Social Workers are trained individuals who can help patients and families address needs related to end-of-life issues and find additional services that may be needed.
- Our Chaplain is available to guide the patients in meeting their spiritual need as the end-of-life approaches and provides spiritual support to family members if desired.
- Volunteers are trained individuals available to stay with the patient to relieve the caregiver as well as provide companionship and assistance with activities.
- Our Bereavement Counselor offers a variety of services to the patient’s family to help with their understanding of grief. This service is provided to anyone in the community.
- Physical, occupational and speech therapists are available as needed.