The Hospital Foundation enables Henry Community Health to afford state-of-the-art equipment and technology while still extending care to neighbors regardless of insurance or financial circumstances.
- $1.8million+ annual medical bill assistance to people in the region
- $13,000 annual donation to Needy Medication program
- Daily travel and medication assistance for patients in need
- Monthly food distribution for Wilbur Wright Elementary School families
- Free women’s health screening programs offered twice per year
- Christmas support for soldiers stationed overseas and local families
In addition to community health education for people of all ages, the Foundation also supports continuing medical education and leadership training for providers.
- $15,000+ annual sponsorships for youth programs
The Hospital Foundation was instrumental in bringing a two-year nursing program and Ivy Tech campus to New Castle, increasing local access to educational opportunities and public health and wellness awareness.
The Foundation offers annual scholarships to students pursuing healthcare careers. High school graduates and adults should email Cindy Biehl for an application or call 765-521-1496. Scholarship applications are due April 1 of every year.
- $35,000 annual education scholarships awarded
One of the Foundation’s goals is to recruit and retain highly trained specialists to better serve our community, working to build a stronger medical staff than would usually be found in a county of our size.