Our Advanced Wound Center offers expert care for difficult wounds. Out team of physicians, nurses, dietitians and other staff are specially trained in wound care evaluation and treatment including Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy which promotes wound healing.
We recognize that each patient’s wounds and circumstances are different. At our initial consultation we evaluate your wound and any factors that may be delaying wound healing such as:
- Nutritional status to ensure you have the proper diet to promote wound healing
- Diabetes management
- Wound infection
- Tissue pathology (i.e. evaluating for cancer)
- Environmental factors including bed and or wheelchair positioning and walking patterns
After your initial evaluation we develop your wound healing treatment plan based on your individual needs. We strive to achieve wound healing within 16 weeks of beginning treatment.
Depending on your wound care needs we have a variety of treatments including:
- Hyperbaric OxygenTherapy where patients breathe 100% pressurized oxygen which promotes wound healing and improves the body’s ability to fight infection
- Removing tissue (debridement) that is hampering the healing process
- Advanced skin substitutes to encourage wound closure
- Nutritional counseling to help ensure you are eating healthy foods that are important to wound healing
- Diabetes education for patients whose diabetes is hampering wound healing