Indiana Medicaid now has work or volunteer requirements for many Medicaid recipients. Through their Gateway To Work program these requirements must be met to continue receiving Medicaid unless recipients are exempt. Some exemptions include health status, age, student status, caregiver responsibilities among others.
ClaimAid Patient Resource Advocates Amber Hall and Kylie Barnes are here to help Medicaid recipients who may be confused about these new requirements. There is no cost for any of these meetings where they can:
- Review with you what activities meet the work/volunteer requirement.
- Review your status assigned by Indiana’s Gateway To Work program. If it is incorrect help you correct the status.
- Review with you reasons you might be exempt from the requirements
- Assist in helping you report your hours if you must meet the work/volunteer requirements
Other help they can provide includes:
- Assisting in helping you make your HIP financial contribution to maintain your health insurance
- Reviewing if you may now qualify for a different category of Medicaid.
- If you have no insurance or want to know if you qualify for a secondary coverage assist you to find out what options you have.
- Filing social security disability applications
- Assisting newly pregnant women and children in obtaining healthcare
- Updating status on Obamacare including how to sign up during the year if personal changes have occurred such as losing a job or a new baby.
For your free, confidential appointment call them at 765.599.3146 or 765.599.3179.